Your views are important to me and I’d like to hear from you
You can write to me to highlight issues or concerns about where the Act is not being properly applied and as importantly, where the Act has helped you or when you think a public body is doing a great job for future generations.
You can contact me and my team through firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important to note:
- I am not an extra layer of appeal against decisions by public bodies
- I cannot ask for decisions to be changed
- Unlike some Commissioners, I do not have case work or advocacy functions
- My role is to promote sustainable development and to work with public bodies and Public Services Boards on long term vision and action
Here’s how I’ll handle your correspondence:
- My team will aim to answer all correspondence in 20 working days from receiving your letter or email
- The response will set out my powers as Commissioner in relation to the issue raised, what I can or can’t do under the Act and highlight ways in which my office might be able to help
- I will record and analyse all correspondence received to identify common issues or emerging themes that need attention, using my powers under the Act