Privacy & Cookies Policy
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act, the data controller is the Future Generations Commissioner for Wales. By using the website, you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions of use and you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in this policy.
Information we collect
The Future Generations Commissioner for Wales does not collect any personal information about individuals who use this website, except where you voluntarily choose to give us your personal details via email or an online form to enquire or apply for any of our services.
What we do with personal information
- Information provided will be used for the purpose for which it was collected.
- We may disclose your personal information to our sub-contractors involved in operating the website. We will also disclose information where is necessary and is otherwise required and/or permitted by law or regulatory body.
- We may pass aggregate information concerning usage trends and patterns of the website and general trends in sustainability initiatives to third parties, but this information will be anonymised and will not include information that can be used to identify you.
We will not:
- Sell or rent your data to third parties
- Share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
How we protect your data
We have security measures in place which are designed to safeguard your personal information. We will use reasonable measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised disclosure, alteration, damage, loss, accidental destruction or misuse.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is need for the purpose for which it was collected
- the law requires us to
You have the right to request:
- Information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise any objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in touch with our Data Protection officer.
Links to other websites
The website includes links to other websites which are clearly marked. This policy does not apply to any third parties over whom we have no control including, but not limited to, other websites. We recommend that you review any privacy policies belonging to any such third party websites prior to use.
Contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any questions about anything in this policy or think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled.
Data Protection Officer
Telephone:0330 414 6421
Information Commissioner’s Office
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire, S9 5AF
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
The Cookies we use are for the following purposes:
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to track visits to the site, and to improve functionality based on user behaviour. Whilst Google Analytics tracks information such as your visit, location, device used, and the content viewed, it does not track or identify any personal information about you.
Youtube: YouTube sets cookies in order to allow us to serve you video content.