Twitter feed is not available at the moment.
Acting today for a better tomorrow
The Well-being of Future Generations Act is helping to future-proof the health of the next generation by focusing on social, cultural, environmental, and economic well-being.
The Act has contributed to a new 10-year national strategy for healthcare, focusing on preventative measures and a long-term vision of keeping people well, not just treating illness.
The Act recognises wider factors which affect our health like poverty, housing, employment, environment, and education and following calls from the Commissioner, the government is piloting a basic income tackling poverty as a root cause of poor health.
Interested in more examples of how the Act has had an impact on our health and well-being systems?
- Future Generations 2020 Report chapter on A Healthier Wales
- Future Generations 2020 Report chapter on A National Health & Wellness System
- Journey to a healthier Wales
- Cost of Living: now and in the future report (2022)
- Health and Wellness System webpage
- Case studies of good practice from across Wales
- Our monthly Future Generations Newsletters
- A Healthier Wales: long-term plan for health and social care – Welsh Government
- Health and social care webpage – Welsh Government
- Health and sustainability webpage– Public Health Wales